Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Tree, a collaboration...and... "A Swap is Announced"


A Travelling Easter Tree
Evening all!

Tonight is a special post for me, and for my dear friend Linda :) We have been chatting for a few days now, and we have decided to do a special blog collaboration! Since Easter is just around the corner, we have decided to do a creativity exercise, a veritable blog-travelling Easter Tree!

The idea is to create an Easter tree (in the same spirit as a Christmas Tree), but something a little different... I will start with the basic tree (and it's a little different to what you may imagine ;) ), add some embellishment, then send it to Linda, who will add her own decorations, etc, back and forth until it is complete...

We haven't discussed specific ideas, so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds... I will try to do each "addition" from my side, as a tutorial, so you can create something similar. Easter is a special time for our family, so I will be doing some extra tutorials that are Easter-related, simple, easy to do, and fun!



"A Swap is Announced"...

I have always wanted to say something a la Agatha Christie, and today is that day :) (although a good announcement, not the big M!)!

Linda and I are going to host a swap!!!! Yay!! The theme will be "Hearts", and in a nutshell, because we love hearts, people who join in will be paired with one another and will swap a heart- related item. There is no limitation except that it must be a heart of some kind, made of any material, small to medium in size, and preferably more valuable by it's creativity and love, than monetary value... We want to share the LOVE folks! We will post a button on our blogs tomorrow, and (hopefully!), set up a Flickr site for everyone to post a pic of their creation to, so we can all see how amazingly creative we are!

We are very excited about this, and would LOVE to have some comments of what you think of our plans :)

If you would like to join in, please email me at
heidibearscreativeblog@gmail.com
or contact Linda at lindadawkins@mweb.co.za

We look forward to seeing you!

Will be back tomorrow,
Have a good evening,
Lots of Love,
Heidi :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay ... count me in, I also love hearts!

S said...

I'm in too...and I'm thinking, what will i make?

K said...

Oh, scary. I've never done this before. But I want to do it too.

Heidi said...

Hi all, thanks for posting a comment! Since Linda and I decided to host this swap, I have been conjuring up ideas but there are too many and I don't know what I am going to do....
Decisions, decisions...
Love,
Heidi :)